Wright County Office of Planning and Zoning
The Wright County Office of Planning and Zoning is a multidisciplinary office consisting of Planning and Zoning, Environmental Health, Building Inspection and Plan Review, and the Feedlot Program. The general jurisdiction of this Office is to provide services to unincorporated areas of the County. Some programs, such as the Feedlot program and Septic System Point of Sale Ordinance are administered county-wide.
Planning and Zoning Division
The Planning and Zoning division is responsible for:
- Administering the Wright County Zoning Ordinance and Land Use Plan.
- Providing staff support to the Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and two Orderly Annexation Areas.
- Administration of Shoreland and Flood Plain Program.
- Coordinate long-range planning goals with multiple agencies and jurisdictions.
The Environmental Health division oversees:
- Permitting, design review, and inspections of Septic Systems.
- Operation of the Wright County Compost and Recycling Facility.
- Administration of the Septic System Point of Sale Ordinance.
- Review and permitting of land alterations.
Building Inspection and Review DivisionFeedlot Program
The Building Inspection and Review division provides construction plan review and inspections for new construction and building projects for the unincorporated townships within Wright County, except Middleville and Stockholm Townships. Provide contractors and general public awareness of building and safety codes. For more information regarding building permit and inspection information, please go to the Building Permit Information page.
The Wright County Feedlot Program Administrator is responsible for administering the Wright County Feedlot Ordinance, which deals with animal and livestock operations throughout the County.