Wright County will provide its Citizens with responsive government and quality services in a fiscally responsible manner through innovation, leadership, and dedication.
Role of Administration
The Administration Department:
1. Implements policies and decisions as directed by the County Board of Commissioners;
2. Administrates the County budget; and
3. Performs Human Resources, Risk Management, Facilities Services, Safety, Law Library, and
Building Care and Maintenance functions of County Government.
Current County Projects
1. The New Courts Facility is currently under construction, and is estimated to open in April of 2020.
2. Capital Improvement Plan: Energy efficient upgrades to building systems;
3. Implementation of Board initiatives to increase transparency of County Operations.
1. The 2019 Preliminary levy has been adopted. A public meeting regarding the 2019 budget is scheduled for Dec. 6, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Bids & Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
Local Option Sales Tax for Transportation
On June 13, 2017 the Wright County Board of Commissioners adopted Resolution 17-30 implementing a special ½ percent County-wide sales tax to fund transportation.
Revenue generated from the sales tax is dedicated to fund transportation related projects identified in the Sales Tax Implementation Plan. Resolution 17-30 limits the collection of the sales tax to the period of October 1, 2017 through December 31, 2022 or until revenues are raised.
A Public Hearing was held at the 5-04-17 County Board Meeting. Information presented at the Public Hearing may be viewed below:
See also the following information from the Department of Revenue:
Call the Minnesota Department of Revenue Sales and Use Tax Division at 651-296-6181 or 1-800-657-3777, or email them at email@example.com with any questions or comments.