Financial Services / Child Support


Financial Services is located on the 3rd Floor of the Government Center at 10 2nd Street NW, Buffalo. Forms to apply for Public Assistance and Child Support are available at this address, as well as at the Human Services Center at 1004 Commercial Drive, Buffalo. Links to application and renewal forms are provided online.


Email Financial Services, or call our agency from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at 763-682-7400.

How to Apply

You may now apply for most assistance programs online by visiting MNBenefits. Many programs allow for interviews to be completed by phone. Your Financial Worker will let you know if you are required to complete an in person interview.

Documents & Paperwork

Drop Box

There is a convenient document drop-off site outside of the front doors of the Human Services Center located at 1004 Commercial Drive, Buffalo. All information dropped off at this location will be sent directly to staff located at the Government Center.  Documents can also be dropped off on the 3rd Floor of the Government Center.  Both locations have an after-hours drop box accessible from the outside.


Paperwork and documents can be emailed to Financial Workers and Child Support Officers by using email address.  Documents will be routed during business hours.


Walk-in hours to apply for public assistance programs are Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1 - 3:30 p.m. A walk-in client is someone who does not have an active case within the last 60 days. If you need to be seen outside of these hours, you must make prior arrangements with Financial Assistance staff. If you have an open, existing case with Financial Services, always call your Financial Worker to schedule an appointment before coming into the agency.  As of May 2014, all adults 18 and over will need to present a photo ID and sign in at the front desk to be seen by Financial Services staff.

EBT Card Replacement

As of September 2012, we can no longer replace EBT cards in the agency.  Please call 1-888-997-2227 and a replacement card will be sent in the mail.  Click here for more information about EBT cards.

Housing Resources

If you're needing assistance regarding housing, please browse through the Housing Resources, or call the Housing Coalition at 320-259-7676.