• Beginning Monday, April 6, deputy registrars may offer motor vehicle title and registration services in accordance with Executive Order 20-20 and CISA guidance.
• Over the counter, face-to-face services are prohibited.
• Deputy registrars are not required to provide services and may remain closed for the duration of Executive Order 20-20.
• Each office must determine how it can offer service while adhering to Executive Order 20-20 and social distancing recommendations. Such as: Drop boxes
• Deputy registrars cannot process driver’s license and identification cards. Gov. Walz signed a bill into law March 28 that provides an extension for Minnesotans whose driver's licenses or ID cards expire during the peacetime emergency.
The law extends the expiration date for any valid driver's license, instruction permit, provisional license, operator's permit, limited license, and farm work license that would expire during the peacetime emergency. The expiration dates for these licenses will be extended for two months after the month the peacetime emergency ends.
Types of Services Allowed
• Title transfers
• Dealer work
• Renewal registrations
• Duplicate titles
• Vehicle permits
|Holiday||Hours of Operation|
|January 1, 2020||New Year's Day||CLOSED|
|January 20||MLK Jr Day||CLOSED|
|February 17||Presidents' Day||CLOSED|
|May 25||Memorial Day||CLOSED|
|July 3||Independence Day||CLOSED|
|September 7||Labor Day||CLOSED|
|October 12||Columbus Day||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|November 11||Veterans Day||CLOSED|
|November 26||Thanksgiving Day||CLOSED|
|November 27||Day after Thanksgiving||CLOSED|
|December 24||Christmas Eve||8:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|December 25||Christmas Day||CLOSED|
|December 31||New Year's Eve||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|January 1, 2021||New Year's Day||CLOSED|