We're here to help.
Wright County Public Health
Learn about breastfeeding:
- Breastfeeding Benefits (Available in Spanish)
- Breastfeeding is Important (Available in Spanish)
- Baby’s Second Night (Available in Spanish)
Learn about breastfeeding online:
- Kelly Mom
- La Leche League (Available in Spanish)
- Minnesota Department of Health-WIC (Available in Spanish)
- National Women’s Health Information Center (Available in Spanish)
- Breastfeeding Videos from ECHO (Available in Spanish) and Global Health Media (Available in Spanish)
Attend a community breastfeeding class:
- Buffalo Hospital: Breastfeeding and Lactation Basics - search for breastfeeding
- CentraCare Health, Monticello: Bravo Baby: Successful Breastfeeding - search for breastfeeding
- Maple Grove Hospital: Breastfeeding Class - scroll down to find Breastfeeding Class
- St. Cloud Hospital: Bravo Baby: Successful Breastfeeding - search for breastfeeding
- Ridgeview Medical Center, Waconia: Breastfeeding - search for breastfeeding
Learn about breastfeeding online:
- The First Weeks (Available in Spanish)
- How to Prevent Sore Breasts (Available in Spanish)
- Engorgement (Available in Spanish)
- Infant Feeding Cues (Available in Spanish)
- Latch (Available in Spanish)
- Latch Video
- Hand Expression (Available in Spanish)
- Hand Expression Video
- How do I know if my baby is getting enough? (Available in Spanish)
- Breast Milk Storage and Handling (Available in Spanish)
Breastfeeding help by phone:
- Buffalo Hospital
- Monday - Friday, typically 7 a.m. - 3 p.m., but times may vary. Call (763) 684-7630.
- CentraCare Health, Monticello
- Available 24/7. Call (763) 271-2218.
- Maple Grove Hospital
- Open 7 days a week. Call (763) 581-2021.
- St. Cloud Hospital
- Monitored 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays. Call (320) 251-2700, ext. 52311.
- Ridgeview Medical Center, Waconia
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Call (952) 442-2191, ext. 36401.
- Wright County Community Action - WIC
- Wright County Public Health
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call (763) 682-7468.
- Baby Café, Wright County Historical Society, 2001 Hwy 25 N, Buffalo: Every Wednesday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Mothering Circle, Monticello: Second and fourth Mondays of the month, 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Mommy & Me Breastfeeding Support Group, Maple Grove: Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- La Leche League, St. Cloud: 2nd Thursday of the month, 10:15 a.m.; and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
Breastfeeding away from home:
- Breastfeeding and Returning to Work
- Breastfeeding in Public (Available in Spanish)
- Legal Protections for Nursing Mothers in Minnesota
- Collecting and Storing Breast Milk (Available in Spanish)
- Sample Schedule for Expressing Breast Milk at Work
- How to Keep Your Breast Pump Kit Clean (Available in Spanish)
- Supporting Breastfeeding at Your Child Care Setting
- How to Bottle Feed Your Breastfed Baby (Paced Feeding) (Available in Spanish)
Wright County Public Health and Buffalo Hospital have joined together to bring Baby Café to Wright County. Baby Café offers information and support to mothers at any stage in breastfeeding. You do not need to have a breastfeeding problem to attend; many women participate to talk with other breastfeeding moms about their experiences. Pregnant women are welcome to attend as well to learn more about breastfeeding or have questions answered. For additional information visit Baby Café USA. View our success story on the Minnesota Department of Health website.
Baby Café is held every Wednesday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Wright County Historical Society, 2001 Hwy 25 N, Buffalo MN 55313.
What to Expect
Baby Café is a drop-in service to help you reach your breastfeeding goals. There will be refreshments and snacks available for you to enjoy as you visit with trained breastfeeding health professionals and other mothers. A scale is available to weigh your baby as well as breastfeeding resources and information for you to take home.
There is no cost and no registration required to participate- just come as you are!
Wright County Public Health has a 10 x 10 tent with privacy walls that can be set up at your event to provide a lactation room for nursing mothers. Public Health staff will take care of the tent including set up and take down. Please fill out the Community Event Request Form to request.
The tent includes camping chairs.
Feedback from the Wright County Fair
- "Wonderful to have this space to feed my little one. Thank you."
- "I have utilized the Baby Cafe and am so thankful for the program and for a quiet, clean place to feed my baby here."
- "Loved the tent! I forgot my nursing cover- worked out great!"
- "Thank you for providing this tent. Having a comfortable place to change a diaper is appreciated!"
- "Thank you for a beautiful, comfy place to care for my baby!"
- "Thank you for the hospitality and the clean quiet space to nurse my little one!"
- "Thank you for the clean and private place to nurse. I thought I was going to have to go to my car to nurse."