Serving as board chair has been a rewarding and humbling experience. Reflecting on 2018, I want to offer a summary of important board activities from the past 12 months.
- Breaking ground on the new Justice Center
- Investing in much-needed technology upgrades and initiatives to improve service and efficiency
- County Ditch improvements, resolving problems that date back 100 years. Ten projects completed in 2018
- Improving Veteran Services – Tripled the number of walk-ins and phone calls from 2017 to 2018
- Pilot project with the Water Task Force to do invasive species inspections
- Found a new hidden gem of a park – Mud Lake Co Park is small and peaceful
- Winning re-election from District 3 voters to serve another term
- Holding budget information sessions and listening to citizen feedback in public hearings
- Jan. 2 Legislative Forum on school funding issues Jan. 2 from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Discovery Elementary School auditorium, 214 1st Ave NE, Buffalo, MN
- Jan. 7 MN Rural Caucus
- Jan. 8 Board of Commissioners meeting 9 a.m. Government Center, Buffalo
- Jan. 9 Board Committee Day
- Jan. and Feb. Wright County Parks & Recreation offers dogsledding, snowshoeing and XC skiing events
Special thanks: To Sheriff Joe Hagerty for his years of service to the County.
I appreciate my fellow commissioners for their different areas of expertise and various perspectives. I also value the input and engagement from citizens. Please feel free to connect with me about questions you may have. Mark.Daleiden@co.wright.mn.us
I look forward to continuing the important work at Wright County.
Get alerts about emergencies and other important news by signing up for our Citizen Alert System
. You will receive time-sensitive messages at your home, mobile or business phones via email address, text messages and more. You pick where, you pick how.