Technology moves fast, and that can be a challenge for multi-layered organizations like county government. Wright County's Information Technology Dept. leads projects that directly impact service to the public, while supporting many internal systems. Highlights from 2018 include:
- Just three departments were able to accept credit card payments prior to 2018. Today, credit cards are accepted at 11 County departments
- Poll pads were used in the 2018 elections
- Veterans can now have their DD214 form in hand when they leave the Veteran Services office, saving document transfer between offices and the delay of mailing
- Ordained ministers who want to become certified to perform marriage ceremonies in Wright County now have a more streamlined and secure process to obtain those credentials
- Government Center has digital signage to assist visitors
- County communications are more consistently branded
Internally, the IT Dept. handled 8,500+ job ticket requests from County employees in 2018. IT staff also performed 13 system upgrades, 22 server replacements and decommissions, and made several security enhancements.