A Message from University of Minnesota Extension
The Farm Family Recognition Program has existed for over 30 years and honors farm families from throughout Minnesota for their contributions to the agriculture industry and their local communities. This program exists through the continued support of and coordination by University of Minnesota Extension, the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station and Farmfest. Each year, a family from Wright County is recognized as the Farm Family of the Year. To select the families, we solicit nominations from the agribusinesses and community members in the county. The nominations are then forwarded to the selection committees who select the new Farm Family.
At this time, we ask you to complete the nomination form for Wright County, indicating the individuals, couples, or families whom you feel would be deserving of this honor. Links to the nomination forms are provided below. Recipients will be recognized during the state-wide Farmfest awards program.
Please nominate an individual or family, using the criteria below. Farm Families should:
- Be Minnesota food producers actively involved in agricultural production with one or more agricultural enterprises. Beyond the usual agricultural endeavors, please also include these production areas for consideration: potato, vegetable, fruits, berries, aquaculture, agroforestry, and renewable energy supplies.
- Have made significant short‐term progress and/or innovative contributions with their agricultural endeavors. For example, consider producers who are relatively new to this country, someone who has developed an innovative method for a particular environmental problem, adopted a rotational grazing system, added alternative or value‐added crops, etc.
All nominees should also:
- Have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing and supporting the fields of agriculture and production.
- Have some involvement in their communities and/or related organizations.
- Not have been previously recognized by the Farm Family Program.
Please utilize the nomination form to nominate future farm families for the recognition. Send your completed nomination form by Friday, April 9, 2021. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Adam Austing, Extension Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-682-7381. Thank you for your help.
Wright County nomination form: z.umn.edu/wrightfarmfamily21