A Message from Wright County Parks & Recreation
The campground at Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park is preparing to open. There are a few things that you need to know as we prepare for the first campers. The first weekend for campers to be at the campground is Friday, July 23. At this time, we are only opening 19 of the modern campsites and reservations will go live at 8 a.m. Wednesday, July 14. Here is a list of the other items that are important to know.
1. Due to the dry weather, the turf has not established as we hoped so we will open only half the campground starting July 23.
2. We will alternate which half of the campground is open week to week. The first week Sites 1-11 and Sites 31-38 will be available. The next week we will close those sites and open Sites 12-30. This will allow us to continue to water the half of the campground that no campers are in to continue turf establishment.
3. Each half will open for a week at a time and those days are Wednesday night through Tuesday night. This again is to help in establishing the turf.
4. The camper cabins will open starting Friday, August 13, with reservations opening the same time as the modern campsites – starting at 8 a.m. Wednesday, July 14.
5. You can find the fees for the cabins, standard sites, full hook up sits, and the new tandem sites (sites 16-19) on our fee schedule page http://www.co.wright.mn.us/552/Fee-Schedule.
6. The reservation portal is located at https://wrightcountyparksandrec.perfectmind.com/SocialSite/MemberRegistration/MemberSignIn. You will need to create an account to make a reservation and that is recommended to be done before the 8 a.m. Wednesday, July 14 opening because the expectation is that the reservations will fill up very quickly.
Wright County Parks & Recreation has been working hard to get to this day and is excited to see the first campers at the campground. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (763) 682-7693 and follow the prompts to either be transferred to Bertram directly or to Assistant Parks & Recreation Director Brad Harrington.