The Wright County Highway Department is seeking input into the Wright County Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and would greatly appreciate your help by taking a survey! The Wright County LRTP is being updated to prepare the County's transportation system for continued growth and corresponding travel needs over the next 20+ years. The most recent county-wide transportation plan was completed in 1995. The LRTP will also include an update to the Northeast Wright County Subarea Transportation Study that was completed in 2005, and incorporate it into the overall LRTP.
The LRTP will provide an analysis of existing conditions, update transportation goals and objectives, and outline a future transportation system plan, including policies to implement future projects/improvements. The LRTP will address six (6) key planning objectives throughout the process:
- Identification of local city and township concerns
- A transportation system responsive to growth (urban and rural)
- Integration of all modes of transportation (pedestrian, bicyclists, freight, etc.)
- Enhance multi-jurisdictional cooperation
- Identify system improvements and preservation needs
- Develop a cooperative investment plan
Please visit the plan website (link below) and take a short survey to help shape the Wright County Long Range Transportation Plan for the next 20+ years! Please contact Chad Hausmann, Assistant County Engineer, at 763-682-7387 or Sara Buermann, Traffic Engineer, at 763-682-7391 if you have any questions or would like additional information.