1. NO pets are allowed to enter a beach area, picnic area, park building, nature center, refuge area, or other area as signed within a park. Pets are welcome within your camp site and along the trails.
2. All pets must be supervised and attached to a leash no longer than six feet.
3. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
4. An owner of any pet that that disturbs, harasses, or interferes with another park visitor will be asked to remove their pet from the park.
All parks are open to the public daily from 6:00 a.m. until sunset. It is unlawful for a person to enter or remain in a park at any other time, except for registered campers in a designated camping area.
Gates will be open, providing access to the parking area, at Beebe Lake Regional Park and Clearwater/Pleasant Regional Park from 8:00 a.m. until sunset, from the first Saturday in May through the last Sunday in September. Parking lots will not be accessible, but users are welcome year round.
Alcohol in Wright County Parks
It is against the Wright County Park Ordinance to serve, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverage within a park.
The Wright County Parks Commission meets at the Wright County Public Works Building (1901 Highway 25 North, Buffalo, MN 55313) at 6:00 p.m. on the second Monday of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Park Commission Members
District 1 Martyn Dibben District 4 Elmer Eichelberg
District 2 Jennie Hakes District 5 Jerry Durst
District 3 Mario DeMatties At Large Kevin Bergquist
County Commissioner Mark Daleiden
The Wright County Parks Department offers a variety of programs for all ages. Programs take place mainly at Robert Ney Regional Park. For more information on the programs we offer please visit our program page.
To keep informed on projects go to the projects page.
WRIGHT COUNTY PARKS DEPARTMENT FEE SCHEDULE
Camp Site Reservation Fee $3.00
Group Camp (Beebe , Collinwood) $30/night
Seasonal Camp Site
Firewood Bundles $3.50
Wood Cutting Permits $15.00/cord
Beebe Lake $50
Picnic Shelter Weekday Rental (Monday through Friday, Excluding Holidays)
Otsego, Schroeder, Collinwood, Beebe Lake $25
Clearwater Pleasant $35
Ney Park Center $35 first four hours $10 each additional hour
Custom Programming for Environmental Programs
$35.00/hour/staff person regular hours, plus supplies and materials
$60.00/hour/staff person after hours, plus supplies and materials
1/2/2014 Start of picnic shelter reservations at Clearwater/Pleasant, Otsego, and Beebe Lake Parks For 2014.
3/3/2014 Camping reservations begin for Schroeder and Collinwood will be taken online, under teh Camping and Shleter Reservations tab, starting at 8:00 a.m.
4/25/2014 - First night of camping for the season at Collinwood Park and Schroeder Park
5/3/2014 - tentative opening date for Beaches and seasonal parks open for the summer. These include Beebe Lake, Otsego, and Clearwater/Pleasant.
9/28/2014 Last day for facilities and campgrounds (restrooms and shelters) to be open at seasonal parks. These include Beebe Lake, Clearwater/Pleasant, Otsego, Schroeder, and Collinwood.
Wright County Parks Geo-Caching Guidelines
The Wright County Parks Department supports geo-caching within the park system as a means for people to enjoy outdoor recreation in a natural setting while experiencing the serenity, resources and facilities the park system has to offer. To assist us in providing quality outdoor recreation to all users, please follow these geo-caching guidelines when placing or retrieving caches:
· Geo-caching is allowed in all Wright County Parks.
· Geo-caching is not allowed on regional trails located along CSAH 12 and CSAH 17, due to the narrow easement the trails occupy.
· Placement of geo-caches is not allowed at the following facilities within parks: campgrounds, reservation picnic areas/shelters, playgrounds, or beaches.
· Placement of geo-caches is restricted to within 25 feet of a trail and must not involve disturbance of the park’s natural resources.
· There is no maximum limit to the number of geo-caches placed within an individual park; however, geo-caches must not be placed within 0.25 miles of another geo-cache.
· Placement of geo-caches within maintained landscape and plantings is prohibited.
· Geo-caches are not to contain items that are offensive, dangerous, or illegal.
· Access to geo-caches is subject to the Wright County Parks ordinance, including hours of operation, designated trail uses, and natural resources management activities.
· Wright County Parks retains the right to remove a cache if determined to be inappropriate.