SHIP Community Mental Well-Being Application
Wright County Health and Human Services Department recognizes that trauma, injustice, health inequities, and other systemic forces create persistent barriers to individual and community wellbeing. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic, community unrest, and social isolation have created increased stress in our communities. In response, multiple sectors (such as businesses, faith communities, health care, and social services) are implementing innovative strategies to improve community wellbeing. With this request for proposals, Wright County Health and Human Services seeks to support these efforts with funding for projects to support community wellbeing.
Wright County, Health and Human Services Department Public Health Division is using Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) funding to support community wellbeing projects in Wright County. Wright County Health and Human Services will evaluate these projects funded through this RFP to guide its future work to support community wellbeing.
The purpose of this RFP is to identify qualified individuals and/or organizations to implement projects that work towards changing policies, systems or environments to improve community wellbeing. A policy change may be at the local, organizational, or institutional level. A systems change is a change in the way things are “typically done.” An environmental change is a change in the physical or built environment. The goal of this approach is to go beyond a singular event to implement projects that provide ongoing support for communities.
Multiple applicants may be selected for funding contracts. Through this process, up to $100,000 could be awarded with individual projects up to $10,000. Projects funded will be funded for one (1) year (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023).
The application is open May 1, 2022 and closes May 27, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. A Requests for Proposals Informational Session conference call (via Microsoft Teams) will be held on Wednesday, May 18th, at 1:00pm.
Applicants must submit:
- The electronic application form at the bottom of this page
- A high-level description of their organization including mission and vision along with a statement of how their organization supports the development of a community wellbeing in Wright County.
- Examples of at least one community partnership to demonstrate ability to effectively build community and collaborate (could include description of current or past partnerships or letters of support)
- Copy of applicant’s insurance policy meeting the guidelines listed above. If unable to meet the requirements also include a written request to waive these requirements.
- A detailed description of their proposed project including:
- Geographic area of Wright County this project would serve
- Age-range or phase of lifespan their project directly impacts
- Age-range or phase of lifespan their project may indirectly impact
- Description of health equity approach including specific higher needs populations the project directly impacts
- Proposed Policy, System, and/or Environmental change this project intends to promote or develop
- A list of intended outcomes including a proposal for how outcomes would be measured
- A budget
- A sustainability plan to ensure that project efforts will continue beyond initial funding
Please email the documents requested above as individual pdf file attachments to Wright County Public Health. Please include your organization name in the body of the email.