The Operations Division is headed by the Operations Captain with an Operations Lieutenant and Professional Standards Lieutenant underneath them.
The units in the Operations Division include:
- Training Unit which is responsible for training all staff in MN POST Board mandated training, a wide variety of other specialty trainings and operating the Wright County Sheriff’s Office Training Center.
- Court Security Unit is responsible for ensuring that safe and efficient business can be conducted by the 10th Judicial District Court in Wright County and consists of 9 Deputies, 4 Civilian Bailiffs and a Sergeant.
- Recreational Services Unit is responsible for maintaining safety on the area lakes and trails and is supervised by a Sergeant with 1 full-time Deputy, 1 full-time Park Ranger and about 5 seasonal Park Rangers and 15 Deputies from other Divisions assigned on a part-time basis.
- The Communications Unit (Dispatch) is supervised by a civilian PSAP Manager and three Shift Leads. The unit has 17 Communications Officers and handles all 911 traffic for Wright County including the three police departments.
- The Civil/Warrants and Transports Unit is supervised by a Sergeants and has 4 Deputies assigned to handle all Civil Process within Wright County and handle transport to and from facilities within the State of Minnesota. The unit also handles Sheriff’s Auctions.
- The Community Services Unit falls under the supervision of the Recreational Services Sergeant and handle all community celebrations and off-duty events contracted to the Sheriff’s Office through the year.
For more information on this department please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.