The Wright County Compost and Recycling Facility will be establishing 2021 spring, summer and fall hours beginning on Tuesday, May 4th and running through November 23rd. The hours available for public drop-off of household hazardous waste, problem materials such as electronics, appliances and used tires, recyclables, and scrap metal will continue to be expanded on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., the original Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and now the 2nd and 3rd Saturday of the month from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
The following guidelines still apply when visiting the facility and appointments can still be scheduled below.
1. Appointments are REQUIRED for hazardous materials. Schedule your appointment below.
2. Customers will need to unload themselves. Please bring help if needed.
3. Cash or check only. Consult the Materials and Fees sheet for current prices.
4. All fluids must be in containers of 5 gallons or less. Oil drums are still acceptable if you are leaving the container with us.
5. Only yard waste and brush from homeowners will be accepted We are no longer accepting waste from contractors or businesses.
We look forward to seeing you!
Schedule An Appointment for Drop-Off
Daily Household Hazardous Waste
The compost and recycling facility accepts household hazardous waste and recyclable materials from Wright County residents. Appointments are required for all household hazardous waste (HHW) and recyclables listed. Please use the on-line appointment scheduler above or call 763-682-7338 during office hours Monday - Friday to make an appointment. Appointments allow for the quickest and safest transfer of materials with the least wait time.
For a complete list of materials accepted and associated fees, please click here
Appointments are not required for :
Curbside recyclables and scrap metal
Tree branches and grass clippings, leaves, or garden waste
Pick-up of shredded wood mulch and compost. Assistance with loading is available, if time allows.
If bringing materials that require a fee, we accept cash or check ONLY. Credit/debit card payments will NOT be accepted.
Household Hazardous Waste
Anti-freeze (if < 5 gallons)*
Oil filters (if < 10 filters)*
Child car seats
Christmas string lights
Glass food containers
White rigid styrofoam
* There is a fee for disposal of these items.
** $2.00/gallon if more than 30 gallons.