Your Safety is Our Job
The Wright County Highway Department is responsibility for all activities involving Wright County’s 512-mile County Highway system. It is the goal of the department to provide and maintain a transportation system that:
- Implements transportation improvements that address safety and operation needs, while meeting engineering design standards and supporting the East Central Minnesota Towards Zero Deaths (TZD) program.
- Encourages safety for all users by reducing the number of fatalities and the severity of crashes throughout the County under the guidance of the County’s Road Safety Plan.
- Promote a culture where traffic fatalities and serious injuries are prevented through education, engineering, enforcement and emergency medical/trauma services.
Wright County has implemented many projects that have utilized approximately $3.1 million in federal safety grant funds and continues to successfully apply for Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) funding.
The projects/strategies include:
- Rural Street Lighting – over 110 intersections with street lighting
- Rural Intersection Conflict Warning Systems(RICWS) – 3 intersections
- Mainline Dynamic Warning Systems – 4 intersections
- Converting high speed rural all-way stops to roundabouts
- Constructing dedicated left and right turn lanes
- Centerline and edge lines
- 6” Painted white edge lines
- Driver feedback speed signs
- Chevron curve signing (over 680 sign assemblies on 98 curves)
These safety improvements continue to be our standard on all highway improvement projects!
Wright County is currently updating the safety plan and will expand the list of strategies to include larger scale counter measures that incorporate safety improvements such as restriping to include continuous center left turn (buffer) lane between opposing traffic, additional dedicated turn lanes at high volume, rural intersections and shoulder widening.
Follow our 5-year Highway Construction plan by visiting: Wright County 5 Year Plan 2022-2026
County Highway 37 Project – Intersection Closure and Stage 3 Detour in Albertville/Otsego/MonticelloStarting on Monday, September 19th, the County Highway 37 project is moving to the final stage of construction. The final stage involves the construction of a roundabout at County Highway 18 and County Highway 37. Read on...
The Wright County Highway Department would like to inform the public of the following highway work at the intersection of County Highway 35 and County Road 117 (Edmonson Ave. NE) in Buffalo Township. Read on...
There will be multiple construction projects along County 19 and County Hwy 22 in both the City of St. Michael and the City of Hanover beginning mid July 2022. Read on...