Child Care Assistance

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) can help families pay child care costs for children up to age 12 and children with special needs up to age 14. Child care costs may be paid for income eligible families while they go to work, look for work, or attend school. All families will have a co-payment based on their gross income and family size.

Wright County Child Care Assistance Plans

2022 - 2023

Child Care Assistance Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Does Wright County currently have a waiting list for Basic Sliding Fee Child Care Assistance?
A:  No.

Q:  What activities will be approved for Child Care Assistance?
A:  Working at least 20 hours/week, job searching at least 20 hours/week (up to a maximum of 240 hours/year), in compliance with an active MFIP/DWP employment plan.

Q:  Will I be approved if I am going to school full time?

No.  Unless you have never earned more than $9/hour or you are working at least 20 hours/week or your education is part of an approved MFIP/DWP employment plan.  Child Care would be approved only for the hours you are working.  Check with the school you are attending to see if Child Care Assistance is offered as part of the financial aid package.

Q:  Can I have a family member or friend come into my home and watch my child and received Child Care Assistance payments?
A:  No, the Child Care Assistance program will not pay someone to watch your children in your home. *There are certain, rare exceptions to this rule.  Additional documentation will be required.

Q:  Can a family member or friend watch my children in their home?
A:  Yes.  The person must qualify to be a Legal Non-Licensed provider.  The provider and everyone age 13 and older in their home must pass a background check.  The provider must be CPR and First Aid certified.

Q:  My Child Care Assistance renewal is due, what paperwork must be included with my renewal?
A:  Always include documentation of your approved activity (work schedule or job search logs) and proof of income for the last 30 days with your renewal paperwork.