- Subdivision and CIC Plat, or registered land survey (RLS): $300 per plat + $40 per lot (meaning lot/outlot, unit, or tract). (Make an Appointment)
- Fee Calculator
- Plat Recheck Fee: $75
- Payment Methods: We accept cash, checks or credit/debit/e-check for the amount of the purchase. Make checks payable to:
Wright County Surveyor
3500 Braddock Ave NE
Buffalo, MN 55313
Title Opinion / Title Commitment
Wright County requires title opinions or title commitments to be submitted with every plat.
- Please submit two paper copies of the final plat for checking
- We also need the correct fee paid when the plat is submitted before review will begin (see the Fee Schedule)
- Please submit an electronic point file (ASCII, CSV, or TXT etc.) and point plot drawing with the final plat
Wright County requires two mylar sets for recording.
- Manual Of Guidelines For Platting In Minnesota - Adopted by Minnesota Society of Professional Surveyors (MSPS) and Minnesota Association of County Surveyors (MACS) in December 2009
- CIC Plat Manual of Minimum Guidelines - Adopted by Minnesota Society of Professional Surveyors (MSPS) and Minnesota Association of County Surveyors (MACS) in February 2015
- Note: Certificates and signatures for a CIC created after August 1, 2010, should be in accordance with Minnesota Statutes, Section 515B.2-1101 not 515B.2-110
No Longer Required - Auditor/Treasurer Preliminary Plat Fee
The Wright County Auditor/Treasurer no longer requires a Preliminary Plat Fee effective August 22, 2018.
Platting Adjacent to County Roads
The Wright County Highway Department requires a review of all plats adjacent to county roads. You can submit the Preliminary Plat Review Form online. The current Highway Department review fee is $250.