There’s a running joke among Minnesotans that we have two seasons – winter and road construction. With winter behind us (hopefully), the other season is about to kick in and in Wright County in 2021, it’s going to be active.
Aside from work that will be done throughout the year on I-94, Wright County is going have an ambitious schedule that will include many county highways. Time for many of the projects have yet to be finalized, but there will be multiple projects ongoing throughout the spring, summer and fall.
The list is projects and tentative start times are as follows:
- Hwy. 39 Stage 2 – work begins Monday, April 12
- Seal coat projects (including CSAHs 3, 4, 5, 37 and 39) beginning late-May/early-June
- Pavement preservation projects (including CSAHs 13, 14, 17, 19, 35, 37 and 44) beginning mid-to-late-May
- Co. RD 118 reconstruction in Monticello (summer)
- Hwy. 30/Tiger Drive mini-roundabout to be after school lets out (early June)
- Culvert replacements on Hwys. 5, 6 and 30 – administered by County Ditch Inspector/Wright County Parks & Recreation Department (based on contract schedule)
- Hwy. 7 reconstruction in Howard Lake (TBD – City of Howard Lake contract)
- Hwy. 60 Reconstruction in Montrose (TBD – City of Montrose contract)
As the construction schedules near, the Wright County Highway Department will make residents aware of the construction that will be done, the time of construction work and any potential traffic delays or detours.
For a county map of the 2021 road construction locations, click here: http://www.co.wright.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/21301/2021-Projects.