The Wright County Fair Board currently has open seats in four of its five zones. If you have an interest in the operations of the Wright County Fair and would like to run for a seat on the Fair Board, you should be able to meet the following expectations and requirements.
- You must be at least 21 years old
- You must be a resident of Wright County
- You must be a member of the Wright County Agricultural Society by joining and paying dues of $5 by Tuesday, Sept 20, 2022.
- Board meetings take place on the first Monday of each month and more often as the fair approaches. Members are expected to attend a majority of the meetings each year.
- Multiple committee meetings are also possible during the year.
- You should be available the entire week of the fair to assist in the operation of the fair.
- Ability to perform physical work such as cleaning, set up and take down of events, light maintenance, spending long days during the fair performing tasks while standing and walking.
- A willingness to assist wherever needed, especially during the fair week.
- A desire to help make the Wright County Fair a great place to attend.
- Have a general knowledge or expertise in any of the following: Agriculture, entertainment, motor sports, advertising & promotion, youth organizations.
The areas of the county that are included in the open seats include the cities of Monticello, Otsego, St Michael, Albertville, Hanover, Buffalo, Maple Lake, Silver Creek, Annandale, South Haven, Albion, and Clearwater.
The annual meeting of the Wright County Ag Society will take place at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17 at the Rockford Township Hall. Elections for the board seats will take place at this meeting with voting members present.