University of Minnesota Extension has announced that nominations are being accepted for the 2023 Wright County Farm Family of the Year. To nominate a family, the following criteria must be included:
- Be a Minnesota food producer actively involved with in agricultural production with one or more agricultural enterprises. Beyond the usual agricultural endeavors, please also include these production areas for consideration: potato, vegetable, fruits, berries, aquaculture, agroforestry and renewable energy supplies.
- Have made significant short-term progress and/or innovative contributions with their agricultural endeavors. For example, consider producers who are relatively new to this country, someone who has developed an innovative method for a particular environmental problem, adopted a rotational grazing system, added alternative or value-added crops, etc.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing and supporting the fields of agriculture and production.
- Have some involvement in their communities and/or related organizations.
- Has not been previously recognized by the Farm Family Program.
The nomination deadline is Friday, March 17. To nominate a Wright County farm family, use the following nomination form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xWCL41XiOlnx3WYy5FGdiMl_B2Per-nqljcoVve96y0/edit#heading=h.9xc1bh5ulcpd. If you have questions contact Extension Educator Emily Hansen at email@example.com or calling (612) 394-6302.